If you are a book blogger, author, or illustrator in children's or young adult literature, living in or near Austin, Texas you need to register for KidLitCon. Seriously. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to socialize with fellow bloggers and writers, while learning more about your craft all at a bargain price of $65.
- Ctrl+Z: 3 Things Every Illustrator and Author Needs To Know About Digital Art, presented by Laura Jennings of The Highsong Project
- Blogger Burnout: Suggestions for Getting Your Groove Back, presented by Jen Robinson and Sarah Stevenson of Jen Robinson’s Book Page & Finding Wonderland
- Diversity in Kid Lit: Nurture More, Blog More, Get More, presented by Lee Wind of I’m Here. I’m Queer. What the Hell Do I Read?
- Soft Sell Marketing, presented by Molly Blaisdell of Seize the Day.
- Critical Reviews & Why They Matter, presented by Kelly Jensen and Kimberly Francisco of STACKED.
- Beyond the Blog for Authors and Illustrators, presented by Pam Coughlan of MotherReader
- Don’t Fear the Code: Spice up Your Blog with HTML and CSS, presented by Sheila Ruth of Wands and Worlds
- Blogging the Middle Grade Books, presented by Charlotte Taylor of Charlotte’s Library
- Kidlit Blogging Roundtable: Our Past, Present, and Future, moderated by Sarah Stevenson of Finding Wonderland
It's worth traveling far - says the woman from Virginia - to attend such a conference. A fact that will be backed up my great blogger friends who are heading to KidLitCon this year. But if you are local to Austin? Yeah, you should be there. No doubt.