Yeah, I have Vegas on the mind after coming back from my trip. We had a fantastic time. But I’m having trouble with my short-version recap. I’ve done the full story with photos that you tell to people who care or who have to pretend to care. I’ve got that down. The mini-response, of course, is any near synonym of great. But then there is the difficult short version, for people who ask you when they have two minutes to spare, and you say, “It was great/fantastic/wild/surreal. We went/saw/did/stayed/learned/found ______, _____, and _______.”
I don’t know what to use for the blanks. So here are some highlights of our trip, and perhaps you can vote in the comments for your favorite three.
- We stayed at the five-star Bellagio hotel for $109 a night, so this recession thing may be real.
- We went to and lost money in pretty much every fancy casino on the Strip. (But not a lot of money.)
- We learned that the places look much closer together on the map, and I have the blisters to prove it.
- We saw the dolphin and lion habitat at the Mirage, but the exhibit was greatly enhanced by being able to sit down.
- I did play blackjack at three casinos, and ended $15 down at the really scuzzy one, which kinda figures.
- We found that the Strip is to Downtown as Whitney Houston is to Britney Spears (before Whitney got druggie).
- We went to a comedy club, a magic show, and Blue Man Group with discount tickets not that it was easy.
- I found that if you argue long enough with the timeshare people, they will call security.
- We learned that if you try sometimes, you just might find that you get what you need and a comped lunch.
- We did take the red-eye back, were delayed in NYC, and I went to work two hours after we landed.