I’m going to break my list down into two, maybe three posts, because doing all these links wears me out. Plus I can’t decide on my favorite picture books. There are so many great ones!
I’ve divided my Young Adult books into High School and Middle School, thus accomplishing two things. One, I can differentiate for those schools/readers/libraries that need to know if there is any s*e*x in the books. Two, I can suggest twice as many books.
- King Dork, by Frank Portman, with my two reviews
- Geography of Girlhood, by Kirsten Smith, with my review
- Crushed, by Laura McNeal and Tom McNeal
- Nailed, by Patrick Jones
- Over a Thousand Hills, by Hanna Jansen, Elizabeth D. Crawford, with my review
- Happy Kid!, by Gail Gauthier, with my review (technically, this is a 2005 publication, but it was released on December 31, 2005 and I’m counting it)
- Shug, by Jenny Han, with my review
- Hit the Road, by Caroline Cooney
- Dead Connection, by Charlie Price, with my review
- The Wizard, The Witch, and Two Girls From Jersey, by Lisa Papademetriou, with my review
I’ll be back with more top picks later, and I’ll be popping by the neighborhood book blogs to see what others have suggested.