TheI was going to write about Grace Lin’s upcoming picture book Lissy’s Friends today, but Poetry Friday and the Vonnegut news is throwing off my stride. Plus, I’ve got to come up with a whole Rock and Roll birthday party by Sunday, which is giving me a bit of stress. I’ve got to get off the computer shortly and go in search of four more inflatable guitars. Yes, really.
Who did it? you ask.
Besides my lovely original poem, I wanted to mention the poetry display I did at my library. I made a sign saying “Pick a Poem.” All around the display pyramid are cut-outs of flowers attached to stems with a line of a poem written on it. I put some plastic flowers among the books on display as well. Awaiting their new reader are my favorite recent titles including:
- Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich So very funny.
- Big, Bad, and a Little Bit Scary Scary animals in fun poems.
- There’s a Flower at the Tip of My Nose Smelling Me Very sweet, one-poem book.
- Behold the Bold Umbrellaphant Wacky poetry from Prelutsky.
I Saw Your Face “Celebration of the black diaspora.”
- Poems to Dream Together/poemas Para Sonar Juntos English/Spanish
- Fold Me a Poem Poetry and origami.