- The set weekend is June 68, 2008. Read and blog for any 48-hour period within the Friday-to-Monday-morning window. Start no sooner than 7:00 a.m. on Friday the sixth and end no later than 7:00 a.m. Monday. So, go from 7:00 p.m. Friday to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday... or maybe 7:00 a.m. Saturday to 7:00 a.m. Monday works better for you. But the 48 hours do need to be in a row. That said, don't sweat it if you need to have a big gap in the middle to go to a recital, swim team, or work. You just can't stop the clock.
- The books should be about fifth-grade level and up. Adult books are fine, especially if any adult book bloggers want to play. If you are generally a picture book blogger, consider this a good time to get caught up on all those wonderful books you’ve been hearing about. In the past I’ve not allowed graphic novels in the interest of making sure that the number of books and page counts mean the same thing to everyone. However, if you’re going for the gold as it were, you can mix in up to three.
- It’s your call as to how much you want to put into it. If you want to skip sleep and showers to do this, go for it. If you want to be a bit more laid back, fine. But you have to put something into it or it’s not a challenge.
- The length of the reviews are not an issue. You can write a sentence, paragraph, or a full-length review. The time spend reviewing counts in your total time.
- For promotion/solidarity purposes, start the challenge with a specific entry on that day. Write a final summary that clearly includes the number of books read, the approximate hours you spent reading/reviewing, and any other comments you want to make on the experience. It needs to be posted no later than noon on Monday, June 9th.
- Sign up in the comments at the original post. You’re welcome to post the challenge on your site. On Friday, June 6, I’ll have a starting-line post where you can sign in to say you’re officially starting the challenge.
Posted by MotherReader at 12:19 PM
Wow, the 48 Hour Book Challenge really crept up on me. It’s like, this weekend! Here are the guidelines again, with a few minor changes mostly an allowance for a few graphic novels in your total count. If you haven’t done so already, sign up at the original post.