Wow, Book Dads, I’m honored! I don’t know that I live up to transmitting those values every day. I don’t even shower every day. So, really, thank you!
Passing this award on to just five bloggers is truly difficult as there are so many out there who deserve this award, but there are some people who come top of mind.
- Mitali Perkins deserves recognition for her commitment to the discussion and cause of diversity in our literature — and for that matter, in our lives.
- Jen Robinson continually has me in awe with all of her work for literacy and plain ol’ good reading, while at the same time supporting the greater kidlit community and writing detailed book reviews.
- Sara Lewis Holmes at Read Write Believe is my touchstone in working for your goals, believing in yourself, and reaching out to others.
- Vivian at HipWriterMama conveys the delicate balance of living life as a parent and as a writer, and choses to use that experience to challenge us all to live our best lives.
- Kelly Herold and Anne Boles Levy have both sacrificed their own blogs to the greater cause of the Cybils Awards something that enriches our whole kidlit community. They amaze me with their dedication.